Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer fun with Katy Perry

Yesterday I succeeded in scoring my first sunburn, so as far as I'm concerned it's officially summertime. And with summertime comes smash pop songs that burn up the charts and become the tune that you hear everywhere from TV to ring tones to next year's Muzikized elevator soundtracks. And what do you know? I have such a song today from today's latest and greatest female pop sensation Katy Perry: I Kissed A Girl (not to be confused with the Jill Sobule song of the same title).

It's peppy, it's poppy. It sparkles with studio polish. It has catchy hooks you can sing along with. She's perky in a cheerleader sort of way and yet able to break out witty, ironic cuts in the middle of apparently bubblegum songs. In summation, the song and the album are a perfect summertime disc to play at the beach.





Find them both (and so much more) on One Of The Boys



Visit her website, her label Capitol Records, and become her friend on MySpace.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was initially biased against Katy due to the marquee "I kissed a girl" song dominating radio and club play.

However after sampling the rest of CD my mind was changed. It really is a good poppy CD for mindless summer listening out in the sun!

Anonymous said...

I'll admit that I only clicked for the song because I fancy her; but I wasn't expecting such a strong voice. That's a great, great song; right there. It's like an evil version of Annie, or something.