Friday, December 05, 2008

Parliament Funkadelic Contest

It's been a while since I've given anything away around here, so I've got something good for you today. Up for grabs: a copy of the new Parliament Funkadelic DVD, The Mothership Connection Live 1976. Recorded on Halloween night 1976 in Houston, Texas, the DVD share a 85+ minute live recording of the legendary band performing material from their Mothership Connection and The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein LP years. Here's the set list:

Cosmic Slop
Do That Stuff
Gamin’ On Ya!
Standing On The Verge Of Getting It On
Undisco Kidd
Children Of Productions
Mothership Connection (Star Child)
Swing Down Sweet Chariot
Dr. Funkenstein
Comin’ Round The Mountain
P-Funk (Wants To Get Funked Up)
Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)
Night Of The Thumpasorus Peoples
Funkin’ For Fun

To enter for a brand new copy that you can keep for yourself or pass on as a gift to that special someone, simply leave a comment (or e-mail me) with your name and e-mail and you'll be in the running. I'll choose a winner at random next Wednesdayish and notify them via e-mail that Christmas is coming a little early this year for them. In the meantime, enjoy the following tracks taken from the show.




Visit their website, the DVD's label Shout! Factory, and become their friend on MySpace.

7 comments:

Beuno Buenos Aires said...

MEmemememe! I want to win! Is that enough? Just to want it? That's what they teach us on TV. Greg / greg@stkinternational.co.uk

Anonymous said...

daryl.chambers@ntlworld.com

THE BOMB!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh me! ooh me! ooh me!!!

Love those freaks!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to get my hands on that DVD.

Anonymous said...

Dammit! I forgot to leave my email address.

ericv138@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Bethany anatik@hotmail.com

Renee Foster said...

Starchild here, original funkateer!
The DVD is mine!!!!

Renegadepr@gmail.com