Monday, November 22, 2010

It's A Long Way Just To Say Hello




Down, down sleep now
Can’t you dream now?
Hear the wind blow
Outside your window

It’s so late now
It’s up to fate now
It’s a long way
Just to say hello

Your mind moves so fast
The day comes at last so slow

Your mind moves so fast
The day comes at last so slow

It goes like a spirit
You couldn’t hear it
Whisper your name
Now it’s all the same


I first picked up on Jesse Harris upon hearing his album Feel back in 2007. It's an album that I still listen to. I've also dug into his other work as well, although Feel remains a favorite. A few months ago, he released his latest, Through the Night, which I have yet to get, although I just checked out the song above in the video (and below for you to download). It's a mellow, thoughtful number that reminds me a lot of why I like him: personal yet open lyrics that offer weight hard to pin-point.


Jesse Harris - It's A Long Way Just To Say Hello : Through the Night

Visit his website, his label Mercer Street Records, and become his friend on MySpace and Facebook.

No comments: