Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Luv Clowns (or be scared of them)


Hey all! I know it's been eons since I've shown my face around here. All apologies! I just got back yesterday from a pilgrimage to the home of some of my favorite music: Memphis, Tennessee! Besides hitting up all the top notch tourist spots like Sun Records, the Stax Museum, and Graceland (look for Elvis related music AND contest later this week), I had strong intentions of searching out some great vinyl hunting spots. I was lucky enough to stumble across two: Shangri-La Records and Goner Records (look for the fruits of those hunting trips in upcoming Sunday Soul posts). Which leads me to a little something that I had actually had before the trip, something put out by the above-mentioned Goner Records.

For all you music listeners out there who have kids and are looking for something different to throw on the radio for those long trips where you're listening to the same CD over and over and over and over and over....   check out the Luv Clowns. I know what you're thinking: the name is semi-creepy / semi-campy, and to be honest, that just about sums up their music, but in a good way! Usually it takes my daughter a few listens to warm up to new music that she's not familiar with, but she immediately liked this album on first try, and asks for it in the car all the time now. One of her favorite tracks, one which she oftentimes asks me to skip to, is K-I-D-S, which you can hear below without asking me to play it!






Visit their label Goner Records, and become their friend on Facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the Memphis trip so fresh I was expecting some sort of gravy baby! You give us clowns?! Hmph!!