Friday, May 12, 2006

The Pipettes (and other -ettes)...not Pony Up!

So I've scoped out some of the tracks floating around out there in inter-space and was super excited to get Pony Up!'s new album Make Love to the Judges With Your Eyes when it came out on the 9th...so I searched around at some local music stores...and came up empty-handed. That's right, no one carried it. Nada. Zero. Zippo. Unbelievable. I ended up ordering it right from Dim Mak and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. In the meantime, let me share with you another gaggle of girls that are simply adorable and releasing an album soon: the Pipettes. These lasses hail from Brighton and are straight out of the American Graffiti soundtrack. Listening to them makes my want to wear my varsity letter jacket and take out my girl in her poodle skirt to the local drive-in where we'll be served by waitresses on roller-skates.



The Pipettes - I like A Boy in Uniform (School Uniform) (mp3) - I Like A Boy In Uniform 7"

The Pipettes - Because It's Not Love (mp3) - It Came From Memphis

And while we're at it, let me share some other -ettes with you to satisfy your musical taste buds while we wait for the postman to deliver my special package.

The Bobettes - Mr. Lee (mp3) - Stand By Me Soundtrack

The Chordettes - Lollipop (mp3) - Greatest Hits

The Raveonettes - My Boyfriend's Back (mp3) - Pretty In Black

The Silhouettes - Get A Job (mp3) - American Graffiti Soundtrack

The Velvelettes - Needle In A Haystack (mp3) - The Very Best of the Velvelettes

No comments: