Monday, January 12, 2009

Almost There - Art and Music Project

I get a lot of e-mails from bands and PR agents who represent bands, but very few from artists like Joe Simpson. Joe e-mailed me a couple of days ago with the following to share:
I'm a visual artist who has collaborated with twelve bands and solo-artists to create a series of paintings that has an original soundtrack. Each painting has a song written especially for it, to be listened to whilst viewing the piece. The twelve paintings show scenes from one characters journey, as he leaves the city to find redemption on the open road. The painting are to be exhibited with headphones beside each piece, to simultaneously listen to the song and view the painting. The exhibition runs at the Candid Arts Trust, London, UK - Feb 21st - March 1st.
It's really quite an interesting idea and one that caught my attention. The picture above is one of the paintings, and the the song River Cafe below is the accompanying track. And if I lived anywhere near London, I'd be at the front of the line to check it out on the 21st.


Matt Cameron - River Cafe
: Almost There Original Soundtrack

Visit the project's official website.

No comments: