Thursday, April 02, 2009

Leonard Cohen Contest


It's been too long since I've given anything away, so today is all about the prize. Up for grabs is a brand new, completely unopened copy of Leonard Cohen's new DVD Live in London (yes, that's the very one pictured above). It just came out on Tuesday, and is live concert footage filmed on July 17th, 2008 in, yes you guessed it, London, from his first tour in over fifteen years! Over the course of two DVDs, Cohen works through over two and a half hours of music including the following:
1. Dance Me To The End Of Love
2. The Future
3. Ain't No Cure For Love
4. Bird On The Wire
5. Everybody Knows
6. In My Secret Life
7. Who By Fire
8. Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye
9. Anthem
10. Introduction
11. Tower Of Song
12. Suzanne
13. The Gypsy's Wife
14. Boogie Street
15. Hallelujah
16. Democracy
17. I'm Your Man
18. Recitation w/ N.L.
19. Take This Waltz
20. So Long, Marianne
21. First We Take Manhattan
22. Sisters Of Mercy
23. If It Be Your Will
24. Closing Time
25. I Tried To Leave You
26. Wither Thou Goest
If DVD concerts aren't your thing, it's also been released as a double CD release (which ISN'T up for grabs here). If you'd like the above pictured DVDs, just leave a comment (or e-mail me) with your name and e-mail address and you'll be in the running. I'll pick a winner next Thursdayish and e-mail them with the good news. In the meantime, here are a few songs from the show:




Visit his website, his label Sony Records, and become his friend on MySpace.

4 comments:

Cleester said...

What? No Diamonds In the Mine or The Partisan? I would glad trade Closing Time for one of these two classics. Even Passing Through would be a treat. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing him here in Philly next month. His work is like fine wine; you appreciate it more as you get older and a little wiser.

Jackie Henrion said...

I would LOVE to win the DVD of Leonard Cohen's live concert, since he's been an inspiration for over half a century from Story of Isaac to Take This Waltz. I can't believe I found my way here through ASCAP's Dean's List and bigMETHOD - now that's digging for gold! Glad you guys are the wave of the future with some resonance from the past - Jackie at Mamaloose Music http://www.mamaloosemusic.com [BTW I wish I knew what HTML tags were!]

Behzad said...

cool!
I'm in

cycnus[ at ]gmail[ dot ]com

JohnnyHank said...

Heck yeah!
I'd love to see Leonard Cohen on my TV! Especially since the tour isn't stopping in Madison, WI and I haven't got $55 to drop on nosebleed seats in Chicago.
The YouTube footage I've seen from this tour is really great. What a treat it would be to see a pro shot video!