Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Beach Frolicking

So, yeah. It's been about a week since I've thrown any tunes up for you all to listen to. What can I say? It's summer. It's finally stopped raining every day up here in New England and the temp's are getting up into the darn hot range. Darn hot and sticky I should say.

That being said, I'll give you the above picture, some frolicking on the beach, not that I've done any of it lately, but the couple (musically known as Charlotte & Magon) pictured probably have. And on top of all that frolicking and getting sand in places you don't want it, they've also put out a lovely little half hour album of music. The reason I share it with you now (besides the lovely beach picture above and cover art of a similar beach) is the sultry and sweaty love story behind the album that just screams summer romance.

It goes like this. The pair the band is named after, Charlotte (from France) and Magon (from Israel) communicated via that breakthrough technology known as the "Internet" for two years before meeting up to record Love Happening over the course of twelve days. In addition to composing and recording its twelve tracks in twelve days, the pair also went so far as to fall in love. Hence, Love Happening. It's really rather romantic if I may say so myself, almost sickly so (although I say that with nothing but jealousy).

Besides displaying the obvious chemistry between the couple, the music hearkens back to the 60's and the sensual musical foreplay of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg, both in terms of texture as well as the languages employed. Check out the opening track below to hear what I mean.







Visit their website and become their friend on MySpace.

No comments: