Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Win some Kings, Queens, & Jamie T



Jamie T - The Man's Machine

Jamie T | MySpace Music Videos


Do you ever buy an album thinking "I hope it's as good as the last one," and then realize it's been over two years since the last one? Time flies sometimes, as is the case with my bloke Jamie T. He just released his sophomore follow-up to his Mercury nominated debut a few weeks ago, and it's titled Kings & Queens. Obviously when you get nominated for a Mercury prize right out of the gate, there are even heavier expectations placed on future endeavors, and thankfully Jamie delivers straight out of the gate with this new one. On it, he's still the youthful dynamo that unapologetically laid everyone out at full throttle and attitude. I find it difficult to place my thumb on it, but there's just something about his music that makes you want to jump around with youthful abandon.

Want a chance to find out for yourself? First off, check out the video for the first single, The Man's Machine, above, then download it below. On top of that, I've got a brand new copy of the album sitting in front of me that's burning to be given away. Just leave a comment (or email me) with your name and email address and you'll be in the running. I'll choose a winner next Wednesdayish and notify them pronto.





and an older favorite:



Visit his website, his label Astralwerks, and become his friend on MySpace.

No comments: