Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sunday Soul - On the Philly tip




I aint did nothing to you
I just love you with my heart, heart and soul
Everytime I need some lovin
Why do you turn, turn cold
Now I aint dumb, and I aint stupid
I know you need love, need love like I do
Cause if you aint loving me,
I wanna know who in the world you loving
Tell me if you dont want me around

You gonna make me love somebody else
If you keep on treating me the way you do
I dont wanna do it


The Jones Girls - You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else (12" version) : You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else 12"

The Jones Girls - Who Can I Run To (12" Version)
: You Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else 12" B-side

Get the LP versions on The Jones Girls.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I picked that 12" a few months ago when I hit up Dusty Groove in Chicago, but figured today would be the perfect day to share it while talking about about a new comp that BBE Records put out just a few days ago: Get Down With the Philly Sound. It's a double disc collection of some CLASSIC disco tracks from the always smooth Philadelphia music scene of the 70's and early 80's, including some nuggets from the Philadelphia International Records catalog (from which also come The Jones Girls 12" disco single above). It's curated by the most knowledgeable Dimitri From Paris, with the first disc holding 14 original tracks and the second disc presenting 9 new remixes from Dimitri. This is some top shelf material from names like Harold Melvin & Blue Notes, Teddy Pendergrass, Eddie Kendricks, and even a track from the Jacksons. Then you'll find some floor fillers from some less known acts like Carl Bean, TJM, Philly Devotions, and others. Check out the promo mix below, which is narrated by our man Dimitri and features some of the music you'll find on the comp. Along the way Dimitri will school you in the Philly story.







Visit Dimitri's website, become his friend on MySpace, and the BBE Records website.

2 comments:

Babs B said...

Philly thanks you for the shout out :)

Sean said...

You are quite welcome Philly!