Monday, July 12, 2010

Lay Low

If you were to tell me that Lovisa Elisabet, the woman who is Lay Low, hails from Iceland, I would not believe you after listening to her album Farewell Good Night's Sleep. Honestly, if you were to line up ten albums in front of me and ask which one best channels Americana and roots music the best, this album would take the prize I think. Forget the fact that Lovisa sings in English with no discernible accent, the feel of this album is Patsy Cline all the way. That should come as no surprise though considering she cites Patsy, Dolly Parton, Ernest Tubb, Kitty Wells, Lefty Frizzell, Hank Williams Sr., Red Foley, Loretta Lynn, Hank Lochlin, Skeeter Davis, and The Carter Family as her influences.

Listening to this album just makes me feel like I should be sitting on a big wrap-around front porch on a hot, muggy summer day in a swinging seat with a pitcher of lemon aid next to me. Yeah, it's kind of like that.







Visit her website and become her friend on MySpace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Patsy Cline - I Fall to Pieces : Showcase

No comments: