Tuesday, August 03, 2010

One for the Romantics

So last September I predicted that Ernie Halter's live album would be on my best of 2009 list, and if I had in fact made such a list, its place on said list would have been assured. Since I didn't though, I'll let you know now that if you missed it last year, you should check it out this year for sure! While you're at it, you should also pick up his new album, Franklin & Vermont, and alternate playing them for the next week.

I said it before about Ernie and I'll say it again: what really appeals to me about his music is how genuine and heartfelt it comes across as. At heart, he's a hopeless romantic, about as hopeless as they come. And for anyone who's read more than three posts here on MISB, you know that love songs are my meat and potatoes. Ernie's latest serves up eleven of them for your ears, including a Squeeze cover, Black Coffee in Bed (it's a slowed down version that's probably my favorite track on the album), and a Coldplay cover, In My Place. While not all the tracks here are upbeat and ready for inclusion on a mixtape for someone you're wooing, they all strike home and ring true.





Visit his website, his label Rock Ridge Music, and become his friend on MySpace.

1 comment:

Babs B said...

I can see why you like him. Cannot wait to see him live in a few weeks :)