Friday, December 15, 2006

An Oasis in the Snow

I just got a copy of Oasis' latest release: the 2 CD "best of" collection titled Stop the Clocks. Although any Oasis fan will have complaints about ommisions, a good number of their obvious crowd-pleasers are here: Rock 'N' Roll Star, Wonderwall, Live Forever, Champagne Supernova, etc... Sprinkled in with the hits are a few b-sides (also found on their previous album, The Masterplan).

I don't think I need to make any comments on brotherly love (Noel chose the songs and order for this affair) or Beatles comparisons. I don't think anything I can say will convince you to like Oasis if you don't already. Since there is nothing really new here, I don't think I can get you to buy this album if you already have all of their previous releases. I would suggest this 2 CD album if you don't have all of their super-hits, or if you are looking for a special non-denominational holiday gift for someone special. Nothing says "I Love You" like an Oasis CD!


While you're waiting for Amazon to ship it to you, here's a live show at the Whiskey A GoGo in Hollywood, CA from September 29th, 1994.

Oasis - Rock 'N' Roll Star (live)

Oasis - Columbia (live)

Oasis - Fade Away (live)

Oasis - Digsy's Dinner (live)

Oasis - Shakermaker (live)

Oasis - Live Forever (live)

Oasis - Bring It On Down (live)

Oasis - Up In The Sky (live)

Oasis - Slide Away (live)

Oasis - Cigarettes & Alcohol (live)

Oasis - Married With Children (live)

Oasis - Supersonic (live)

Oasis - I Am The Walrus (live Beatles cover)

OR,
download the entire show in one tidy zip file by
pointing your mouse here.


Visit their website or become their friends on MySpace.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

No comments: