Monday, April 17, 2006

A shameless plug - Love Monkey


I know what you're thinking. This is only my second post and I already think I hold enough clout to affect the viewing habits of people around the world. Pretty egotistical, eh?

But seriously, if you didn't give "Love Monkey" a chance when it played over on (lame) CBS a few months ago (and even if you did and you liked it), please, please, PLEASE watch the never before seen 4th episode playing tomorrow night on VH1. I have to admit that when "Ed" went off the air a few years back my heart broke like it hadn't since I lost my 5th grade crush. And although "Love Monkey" hadn't hooked me as much as the story of a bowling alley lawyer did, Tom Cavanagh's new gig as record exec Tom was growing on me.

But regardless of my intense desire for prime-time TV fullfillment, "Love Monkey" does spin some pretty good tunes...including youngin' Teddy Geieger, who was a finalist on VH1's "In Search of the Partridge Family." (although I don't hold that against him) Teddy just released his first album, from which come these tracks:

Teddy Geiger - For You I Will (Confidence) (mp3) - Underage Thinking

Teddy Geiger - Love Is A Marathon (mp3) -
Underage Thinking

Unrelated to "Love Monkey," here's another track from a young song writer / guitar playing child prodigy early in his career.

Ben Lee - A Month Today (mp3) - Something to Remember Me By


(Curious George yesterday...Love Monkey today...I hope this isn't an omen of what direction this blog is going to take)

No comments: