Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Grand-Daddy of them all List

The folks over at Indie For Bunnies have devoted countless hours and manpower in computing the top 100 albums of 2006. How, you may ask, did they come up with their results? Dozens of esteemed experts (somehow I managed to be included as well) from blogs from every corner of the internet contributed their top 10 lists. Each place on these collected lists was assigned a point value (10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd, and so on until 1 point for 10th) Axel and company tallied the points for all albums mentioned in the gathered lists and ABRA KADABRA....the top 100 list was created!

Although my list doesn't typically coincide with others' tastes, I find that perusing others' lists helps me pick up on albums that I should have listened to but missed somehow. In the last few weeks, this has included Cat Power's "The Greatest", Cansei De Ser Sexy's self-titled album, and Beirut's "Gulag Orkestar". Regardless, head over to Indie For Bunnies and see how your list compares.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

L7 - Shitlist : Natural Born Killers Soundtrack

Neko Case - Blacklisted : Blacklisted

Pearl Jam - Wishlist : Rearviewmirror (Greatest Hits 1991-2003)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-- I didn't know anyone else even listened to Shitlist... I adore ADORE adore that song.

Anonymous said...

Wishlist is a great,great song. I wish I knew what Mr. Vedder sang during/after the fade-out...