Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Lets Fall Back In Love

What's better than a free song? How about an EP of free songs! And what's better than an EP of free songs? How about an EP of GOOD free songs!

So the music is from Slow Club, the duo pictured above, Charles Watson (whose voice reminds me of Conor Oberst) and Rebecca Taylor. I've shared the fact before, but male/female duos usually do it for me, and this couple is no exception. In fact, their debut release Yeah So is rather exceptional in my book. As I like my duos to do, the pair sing mostly of love in all its flavors, in songs that rang from choir like (such as the title track to the free EP I hinted at above, Let's Fall Back In Love) to the frenetic (It Doesn't Have To Be Beautiful) to the soft and dreamy (Dance Till The Morning Light) to the delicate (Sorry About the Doom). As matter of fact, that's what keeps me coming back to the album: the almost ADD-like breadth of textures here and equally amazingly wide range of instruments considering there are only two folks in the band.

For a free sample, download their free EP of five tracks, one live version of a song from their album and four other new songs.







Visit their website, their label Moshi Moshi Records, and become their friend on MySpace.

No comments: