Saturday, April 22, 2006

The birthday girl


This post is dedicated to my daughter Meghan, who turned two today! It's amazing how fast the time goes by, isn't it? It seems like just yesterday that I was bringing her home from the hospital and driving 5 mph BELOW the speed limit the whole way.

I guess it's the same with music. I can remember copying my dad's Doors' albums onto cassette...or buying the Beastie Boys' "Licensed to Ill" on cassette when it first came out...or joining the Columbia House Music club and getting my first 12 CD's for the price of one! Now it's all about mp3's and iPods. What's next, do you think?

The Beatles - Birthday (mp3) - The Beatles (White Album)

Ben Lee - Birthday Song (mp3) - Breathing Tornados

Cibo Matto - Birthday Cake (mp3) - Tibetan Freedom Concert


Oh yea, and since today is also Earth day, here's another one for the third planet from the sun...may you have many more Earth Days before we totally use up all of your resources.

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Mother Earth (Natural Anthem) (mp3) - Ragged Glory

Happy birthday sweetie...dada loves you lots.

No comments: