Monday, April 24, 2006

Smashing Pumpkins...and it's not even Halloween


OK, so where have I been hiding? I freely admit that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but how did I not find out until today that the Smashing Pumpkins were getting back together to record some new material for a new album???? According to the SP / Billy Corgan website,

"It's official, The Smashing Pumpkins are currently writing songs for their upcoming album, their first since 2000. No release date has yet been set, but the band plans to begin recording this summer."

I can still remember watching James playing his guitar with a Laser Tag gun (AMAZINGLY, these things are still around...although they look quite a bit fancier than the ones I remember. Check out LASERTRON's website on becoming a "Professional Laser Tag Operator"!!!) on the live version of Silverf**k on the Vieuphoria video a la the Siamese Dream years.

I have to admit that the Pumpkins lost me with the over-the-top Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness double album, but no one rocked harder than they did in the Gish / Siamese years with Billy's trademark screeching wail of a voice. Anywho, here is the first half of a live show from the good ol' days: (look for the second half in a day or two...or whenever I have enough spare time to upload 7 more songs!)

Smashing Pumpkins (part 1)
Live in Den Haag, Holland
January 19,1992


1. Suffer
2. Rocket
3. Bury Me
4. Snail
5. Tristessa
6. Window Paine
7. Siva


Buy Smashing Pumpkins stuff here!

No comments: