Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Why Not?


So last night I was talking to one of my friends about a Ben Lee show they are going to tonight at the Paradise in Boston and I said "what the heck...I'm gonna go, too!" Who cares that it is a school night? Who cares that I won't be home until 1 or 2 in the morning probably? Not me, that's for sure! (or at least not until tomorrow morning when I have to wake up for work)

Rachael Cantu and Jake Brennan are opening for Ben tonight, and sinced I hadn't heard of either of them, I downloaded some of their music last night off of eMusic. I've had a chance to listen to Rachael today and plan on listening to Jake on the way into Boston to prep myself for the show and pretend that I know some of their songs when they come on!

Rachael's album, Run All Night, is a fairly short 8 track EP. With the exception of the second track, "Saturday" (which is quiet catchy) and sixth, "My First War", the music tends to be dark and quiet, not the sort of album to be blaring while rolling in your 5.0 with the ragtop down. Not to say that is a bad thing! Rachael's husky voice sings some enchantingly moody and emotional lyrics. ("I Know You Will" comes to mind as a favorite)


Anyway, here are a couple tracks from tonight's entertainers:

Ben Lee - Catch My Disease (Demo) (mp3) - Catch My Disease Single

Rachael Cantu - Saturday (mp3) - Run All Night

Jake Brennan and the Confidence Men - You'll have to wait until tomorrow when I've actually had a chance to hear these guys and pick out a track.

No comments: