Friday, May 18, 2007

Time to SHRED!!!

Strange coincidence or indicator of my prophetic powers? The other day while talking about Hey Lover's self-titled debut album, I mentioned how the catchy hooks made you want to play air guitar...and here we are a couple days later and I get this e-mail about the 2007 US Air Guitar Championships! I think this might be fate giving me a wake-up call. Perhaps I wasn't destined to become a teacher after all! Well, while I'm pondering my reason for being on the planet, consider whether you have the skills to pay the bills and feel like shreding your way to the championships. If you think you have what it takes, regional contests are coming to a major metropolitan area near you:



June 6 • Washington DC • 9:30 Club (All ages)
June 7 • New York NY • Bowery Ballroom (18+) SOLD OUT
June 8 • Boston MA • Harper's Ferry (21+)
June 13 • Cleveland OH • Cambridge Rm @ HOB (All ages)
June 14 • Columbus OH • The Basement (All ages)
June 15 • Chicago IL • Metro - Smart Bar (18+)
June 16 • Minneapolis MN • Varsity Theater (21+)
June 20 • Dallas TX • Cambridge Room @ HOB (21+)
June 21 • Austin TX • The Parish (All ages)
June 22 • Houston TX • Scout Bar (18+)
June 23 • New Orleans LA • The Parish (18+)
June 27 • San Jose CA • The Blank Club (21+)
June 28 • San Francisco CA • The Independent (21+)
June 29 • Los Angeles CA • Key Club (All ages)

In the meantime, here are some songs to listen to while tuning your air guitar:

Ben Lee - My Guitar : Grandpaw Would

Cake - Guitar : Prolonging the Magic

Dick Dale & The Del-Tones - King of the Surf Guitar : Greatest Hits 1961-1976

Radiohead - Anyone Can Play Guitar : Pablo Honey

They Might Be Giants - The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) : Apollo 18

No comments: