Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday Soul - Smooth love



In honor of Valentine's day, some appropriate A-sides (with their shadows), from my jukebox to yours...



Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You : Baby I Love You 7"

Aretha Franklin - Going Down Slow : Baby I Love You 7" B-side



The Soul Children - Love Makes It Right : Love Makes It Right 7"

The Soul Children - Love Makes It Right (Monologue) : Love Makes It Right 7" B-side

Get two for one (including the above song) with Genesis / Friction for more of the Children.


The Delfonics - La - La - Means I Love You
: La - La - Means I Love You 7"

The Delfonics - Can't Get Over Losing You : La - La - Means I Love You 7" B-side

Spin La La Means I Love You: The Definitive Collection to get your Philly groove on.


The Staple Singers - Love Is Plentiful : Love Is Plentiful 7"

The Staple Singers - Heavy Makes You Happy (Sha-Na-Boom Boom)
: Love Is Plentiful 7" B-side

Try Mavis Staple's latest album We'll Never Turn Back.


No comments: