Monday, May 08, 2006

and the 8 Ball says...

- Open iTunes
- Turn shuffle on
- Press play
- The first 5 songs are:

1.) Harry Chapin - Cat's In the Cradle (mp3) - Verities & Balderdash - Not to be confused with the Ugly Kid Joe version...this song reminds me a lot of my own dad. He had his own business and was always working, and rarely home. My mother and I would often take vacations without him. Now that I'm a father myself, I'm mindful not to let the years slip away.

2.) R.E.M. - Exhuming McCarthy (live) (mp3) - The Green World Tour Import - I saw Michael and company on the Monster tour with Radiohead. It was one of the best all-around shows I've been too. Not many men can pull of the shaved head look, but even I have to admit that Michael looks pretty sexy without any hair.

3.) Simon & Garfunkel - America (mp3) - Old Friends - Do you remember the video Paul shot with Chevy Chase for "You Can Call Me Al"? He looked like a midget. Goofy video too...both of them pretending to play various instruments in a white room.

4.) Midnight Oil - Brave Faces (mp3) - Scream In Blue: Live - Another bald man, Peter Garrett, makes the list, although this one is quiet a bit taller than Michael. Although this band didn't break until "Beds Are Burning" hit the jackpot in the early 80's, Midnight Oil had been around since 1975 in various incarnations. The group is actually still around sans Peter.

5.) R.E.M. - Star 69 (mp3) - Monster - What are the odds? Over 8,000 songs, and a second R.E.M. song comes up...and one from the Monster album which I was talking about before to boot! It must be an omen...maybe I'm going to run into Michael tomorrow! OK, so probably not.

No comments: