Thursday, May 18, 2006

Musical Music


Last night I went and watched a production of Miss Saigon and was pleasantly surprised. Not that I thought I was going to hate it or anything of that sort. I wasn't familiar with the story and for some reason I didn't have high expectations for the evening. Thankfully, my expectations proved to be unfounded and the evening was quite entertaining. The music was enjoyable, the story understandable, and the opening number takes place in a brothel with scantily clad women running around (and I was in the middle of the front row). It doesn't get much better than that in the world of musicals. Anyway, I'm inspired to post some music from some of my favorite musicals. Enjoy, and as they say in the theater, break a leg!

Cell Block Tango - Bebe Neuwirth and the Girls (mp3) - Chicago: The Musical

King Herod's Song (Try It and See) - Mike D'Abo (mp3) - Jesus Christ Superstar: Original London Concept Recording

Greased Lightning - John Travolta (mp3) - Grease: Original Soundtrack

Seasons of Love - Rent (mp3) - The Best of Rent: Highlights from the Original Broadway Cast Album

Sweet Transvestite - Rocky Horror Picture Show (mp3) - Rocky Horror Picture Show: 25 Years of Absolute Pleasure

OK, so maybe some of these songs come from the movie soundtracks. If you are too snobby for the big screen version, get it somewhere else!

No comments: