Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Scenic Rest Stop with the Best View


I'm not an overly religious man, but the idea of one day a week devoted to rest and relaxation sounds like a miracle. A day to put on your best cloths and spend time with the family. What a spectacular idea! Unfortunately, Sunday is no such day for me. It involves laundry, house work, working my part time job, and sometimes getting ready for tomorrow and my full time gig.

Do I believe in Heaven? Good question and one whose answer depends on what day of the week it is. I wonder if Heaven is a one-size-fits-all kind of place or is it more like the hologram deck on Star Trek: The Next Generation where you can conjure up any scene you'd like? I wonder how you find other people like old friends and family in Heaven once you get there. I mean, there must be a lot of people up there by now. Is there some sort of Divine Yellow Pages that you use to track people down with?

Regardless, here are some songs about that big eternal rest spot in the sky where one day I might end up (or...might not).

Louis Prima - Pennies From Heaven (mp3) - Collector's Series

50 Cent - Gotta Make It To Heaven (mp3) - Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Cake - Sheep Go To Heaven (mp3) - Prolonging the Magic

The Pixies - In Heaven (mp3) - W.E.R.S. Studios, Emerson College, Boston (January 18, 1987) - Buy Pixies stuff

Smashing Pumpkins - My Blue Heaven (mp3) - Rarities and B-Sides

Fatboy Slim - F**king in Heaven (mp3) - You've Come A Long Way Baby

(to download, right click and then "save as")

No comments: