Saturday, April 19, 2008

Chillin' with Mohanski

I really know next to nothing about Mohanski. Let me sum it up:

Fact #1 = I do know they're from England.
Fact #2 = They're re-releasing their oddly titled debut album Hotdog Chihuahua on April 29th.
Fact #3 = Said debut album has a cleverly designed cover that I dig (but strangely enough, lacking canines of any breed) .

And now for the conjecture:

Guess #1 = Based on their pics, I'd guess they're a 4 piece band, but in reality they have five members - Perhaps the fifth member is taking the picture?.
Guess #2 = They've obviously watched a lot of westerns because they know to have the sun at their back.

That's it. That's all I got. That being said, I suppose I should talk about the album now, and not them. It's totally got a laid back chill groove to it with organs funking and tambourines shaking. Imagine The Doors meet The Beach Boys, mixed up with your favorite jam band, Brit-pop-icize it (think Beta Band - try Airwolf below if you don't believe me), and then plug them in with some electronic exclamations snuck in between. It's completely an album to kick back with and contemplate the atomic weight of air.


Mohanski - Airwolf : Hotdog Chihuahua

Mohanski - I've Been Sold : Hotdog Chihuahua


Visit their website, their label Ugly Nephew Records, and become their friend on MySpace.


No comments: