Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mainstream turns TWO!

(looking in the mirror and practicing...)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my mom, my great-great-grandfather, Benjamin Franklin, the four great artists in my brand new banner (especially Vanilla Ice for proving a white man really can roll in a 5.0), all Harlem Globetrotters (past and present...and future while I'm at it), the Dalai Lama (I'm not buying all that hype China's trying to sell us), Soul Train...

But seriously, it's really hard to believe that this party has been rolling along for two years now. This here is post # 537! Along the way I've told you about my first concert (Motley Crue - who coincidentally is coming around for Crue Fest 2008 this summer - anyone want to go?), confessed I love romantic comedies, and shared a whole boatload of music. I'm not going to get all gushy with you - that's not how I roll here at MISB. Instead I'll just thank you all for swingin' through.


Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - 2:22 : Nothing But the Water

Belle & Sebastian - Dirty Dream Number Two
: The Boy with the Arab Strap

Bruce Springsteen - Two Hearts : The River

Wally Pleasant - Two For One Coupon : Hoedown

Page France - We Remain as Two : Come, I'm a Lion!

Ben Lee - 2 Sisters : Something to Remember Me By

Tricky - Carriage For Two : Angels With Dirty Faces

Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two : Profilin' the Hits

Johnny Cash - Two Timin' Woman : Unearthed I: Who's Gonna Cry

William Bell - Tryin' To Love Two : Tryin' To Love Two 7" (get it on Greatest Hits, Vol. 1)

Bitter:Sweet - Take 2 Blue : The Mating Game

Elvis Perkins - Moon Woman 2 : Ash Wednesday

Gemma Hayes - Two Steps : The Roads Don't Love You

The Fiery Furnaces - Two Fat Feet : Gallowsbird's Bark

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just wanted to share some great music with you. I've been listening to some songs of new artists and found this guy named Eric Solomon. He's like a mix of Jason Mraz and Chris Daughtry. His songs are good! You should check out his songs at http://www.ericsolomonmusic.com/

J e f f r e y G e o f f r e y said...

congrats on your two-iversary. and thanks for the Page France song -- it's excellent

Sean said...

Thanks Jeff!

E. said...

happy birthday!

Sean said...

Thanks E.!