Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6-6-06


Hopefully if you are reading this post, armageddon hasn't happened and Beelzebub hasn't shown up to claim your soul or mine. Sounds like a reason to celebrate to me! It's amazing to think that people still attach significance to numbers like this. I mean, I can remember all the hoop-la attached to the Y2K bug, but at least that had some technological reason (or at least that's what all the tech weenies said). Hopefuly you all didn't go out and buy generators, bottled water, and gas masks for today. If so, I hope you saved your receipts.



Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia : Fiddle Fire
How could you post about Lucifer and not post this classic. The name of the album says it all: Fiddle Fire!
Jerry Garcia & David Grisman - Friend of the Devil : Live On Letterman: Music From The Late Show
I'm pretty sure Jerry is looking down from on high now and not sweating it out down below.
Big Bad Bollocks - Devil's Hand : Where The Beef Meets The Sea Buy Some Bollocks
The Bollocks are a local band, and one of the only that I pay to see. It's a tradition to see them play on St. Patrick's Day in Northampton, MA. Any time you go to a Bollocks show there are two guarantees: You are going to be jumping around like a drunken irishman, and you're going to drink lots of Guinness.
Modest Mouse - This Devil's Workday : Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Ben Lee - End of the World : Something to Remember Me By
Although the title is similar to the following R.E.M. song, I promise you it's not the same...and I even daresay that it is better. This was the first Ben Lee song that I ever heard and the one that convinced me to spend some cash on his album. If you've looked through my other posts you'll know that Ben is one of my faves.
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine) : Live Perugia Palasport, Italy 6-17-89 Buy Some R.E.M.
At one point in my life I sat down with the lyrics and played this song over and over and over and over, until I could sing along with every line. I'm a little out of practice now, but I still will boast I could sing along with at least 85% of the lyrics with 85% accuracy.
Frank Smith - Apocalypse Circa: Now (live) : Paradise, Boston, MA, 4-10-06 Buy Some Frank

Ben Folds Five - Satan Is My Master : Naked Baby Photos
This song just cracks me up. Even if you are not a Ben Folds fan (in which case, YOU might be the devil), please check this song out.
(to download, right click and then "save as")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like we survived the apocalypse. Thanks for the devilish trip down memory lane. Great post. Keep up the good work.
jasin