Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ribbit


After what seemed like a month of rainy days, yesterday was not only cloud free, but warm as well. This fact necessitated some sort of outdoor activity to celebrate and honor the sun, so I took my wife and 2 year old daughter out for a hike in a nearby state forest. Since you don't know me at all, I'll be a straight shooter and tell you that I am a very outdoorsy type of guy and am praying that my daughter turns out the same (otherwise I might need to trade her in). While on the hike, we passed by a pond full of frogs and tadpoles, and my daughter was entranced by them. I was able to catch a frog and let her touch it, and from that point on all she wanted to do was catch more frogs. Unfortunately, I didn't have my hip-waders on to catch another frog so she had to settle for holding some tadpoles in her hand (that she willingly then let go, for which I was very proud of her). I think there is some hope for the little stinker yet.


Kermit the Frog - Bein' Green : Muppet Show: Music Mayhem & More - 25th Anniversary Collection

Belle & Sebastian - Funny Little Frog : BBC Radio Session 1/30/06 (originally on The Life Pursuit)

Big Bill Broonzy - Horny Frog : The Beauty Of The Blues : Roots 'N' Blues Sampler

Les Brown and His Band of Renown - Leap Frog : Les Brown & His Band of Renown - Best of The Capitol Years

The Lemonheads - The Outdoor Type : Car Button Cloth

No comments: