Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Wild Thing

Driving home last night, in a rare moment when I was listening to the radio (for my personal views on the radio, read this previous post), I heard a song that I haven't heard in ages, and in fact had pretty much forgotten about: Sam Kinison's version of Wild Thing. I have to be honest and say that I never fully appreciated Sam's comic style, but I always did enjoy this song. And even better than listening to the song was watching the video, which included Jessica Hahn, Aerosmith, Ratt, Billy Idol, Slash, Bon Jovi, and did I mention Jessica Hahn (and her big hair)?

Sam Kinison - Wild Thing
: Have You Seen Me Lately?

The Troggs - Wild Thing : The Troggs
The original, released in '66 by the British band The Troggs, was a hit right off the bat, and is famous enough to have its own Wikipedia entry.
The Kingsmen - Wild Thing : The Kingsmen
This version, also amazingly from '66, sounds like the toned down version your parents would want you to listen to.
Jimi Hendrix - Wild Thing (live) : The Ultimate Experience
Oh Jimi, what magic you could work with that guitar of yours. You certainly did have magic fingers.
Tone-Loc - Wild Thing : Loc-ed After Dark
This version has absolutely nothing to do with the other versions other than sharing the title and not much else. Where as "wild thing" in the previous versions referred to the woman you wished you were with, "wild thing" in this song refers to what you wish you were doing with the before-mentioned "wild thing."

No comments: