Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hello My Jukebox

So while I didn't write much about her then. I posted up a song from Priscilla Renea last May that I really dug off her debut, a short, three track EP. In fact, I'm adding it on to this post for those of you who missed it the first time; check it out below. But, today is not just about reminiscing, it's about her latest release, this one a proper full length album that came out in December and titled Jukebox. And I like it just as much as I liked the three songs I heard before!

I'll tell you right off the bat - indie she's not. This is fully produced, glitzy pop goodness ready for mass consumption, and I'll happily take a mouthful. Think an R&B version of Katy Perry meets I don't know who (Lily Allen maybe?) and add some electronic beats in the mixture. And it's really good, honest! And upbeat, with a few exceptions, like my favorite track, Baby Please, which I'll also include below to balance out the optimism of Hello My Apple, the song that I had posted before. So, yeah, it's a catchy album that's really enjoyable if you don't mind being forced to be sunny.






Visit her website, her label Capitol Records, and become her friend on MySpace.

1 comment:

Erica said...

You've been spinnin this one for awhile! Nothing wrong with a little well done pop! (Sounds kinda like some of Rissi Palmer's stuff)