Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yah man

I'm home today sick as a dog, but I'm not going to let that prevent me from sharing some music with you. Today's tracks hail from down under, New Zealand to be precise, and they come from The Black Seeds. To be honest, I hadn't known that the Kiwis were down with the reggae, but I was schooled after listening to these guys. Come to find out, it's pretty popular down under. I guess you can only rock out to Angus Young and AC/DC for so long.

The Seeds have been together for a while, and are a top selling act in their own country, but they made a go at the world stage at the end of last year with the release of their latest album, Solid Ground, in the US. The album boasts some laid back dub and funk heavy grooves that are great for kicking back to. Especially when you're sick. Blah. Anway, below you'll find a track from the album, Love Is A Radiation, as well as a second from a live album that has yet to see US distribution. Listen, kick your feet up, and dream about growing out some dreadlocks.





Visit their website, their label Easy Star Records, and become their friend on MySpace.

No comments: