Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Love Will Find You (Again)

It's not often that I post twice on the same album. In fact, thinking back I can't say I've done it in the close to four years of writing MISB (with the exception of covering a concert and connecting it to the album it's in support of). Today that all changes. Today, nearly a year after first writing about it, Findlay Brown's album Love Will Find You finally comes out. I liked the album enough then (and still do now) to take the time to remind you about it. I haven't the faintest idea why it took so long for Brown to get the album pressed and to the public, but it's here, and with the backing of a major label (Verve) never the less. Here's what I said about it back in February of last year:
Findlay Brown dropped his first album a few years ago. I hadn't heard about it, and I'm not sure that anyone else had either, but he's back for round two, and this time I'm listening. It's titled Love Will Find You, and while I can't compare it to his earlier work, I can tell you that it's a heck of a lot 50's doo-wop meets Roy Orbison. Yea, you read that right, Findlay would make a damn fine Orbison tribute singer. I almost wish he had covered Pretty Woman on the album, but perhaps he's saving it for a b-side.

Seriously though, this album definitely has that AM radio oldies feel to it that reminds me a lot of fellow Brit Richard Hawley. The album is slated for release in May (not sure of a date, but you'll probably forget by then anyway), but here are a couple of songs to take with you and a link to check out some more of his music.
The record hasn't changed then, and my description still holds true. As of today, you can check it out for yourself. Below you'll find an unreleased version of the closing track of the album, I Had A Dream.






Visit his label Verve Records and become his friend on MySpace.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Freeky! Just this morning I found this guy on thesixtyone and now here he is on your blog! Hope the beginning of 2010 is going swimmingly for you.

Sean said...

Hey Steph, thanks for the 2010 wishes. I haven't forgotten about the Black Seeds, just been occupied with the real world!

Steph said...

Being occupied with the real world is a fab way to be, me thinks :)

Erica said...

Im going to agree. =]