If you want to question Fats' influence on present day music, simply take a look at the roster of musicians involved in Goin' Home - A Tribute to Fats Domino, a 2 CD set that's set to hit the shelves on September 25th. It includes some big names such as Elton John, Neil Young, Ben Harper, and Willie Nelson as well as many blues and R&B musicians whose music can be directly traced back to Fats Domino such as Taj Mahal, Dr. John, Marc Broussard, and Toots & the Maytals. And kicking of the first CD is John Lennon's cover of what is probably Fats' greatest hit, Ain't The A Shame.
Not only is this 2 CD set a fitting tribute to one of rock's pioneers, it's also a benefit album for The Tipitina’s Foundation, a 501 ©(3) non-profit corporation dedicated to preserving the cultural legacy of New Orleans through music education for the youth and providing programs that support working musicians of New Orleans and the Gulf Region. The money raised from the sales of Goin’ Home will also go toward the rebuilding of Fats Domino’s home and to create a community center in the Crescent City’s still ravaged Lower 9th Ward as well as fund additional community related programs.
- John Lennon: Ain't That A Shame
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: I'm Walkin'
- B.B. King with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk: Goin' Home
- Elton John: Blueberry Hill
- Taj Mahal & The New Orleans Social Club: My Girl Josephine
- Dirty Dozen Brass Band with Joss Stone and Buddy Guy: Every Night About This Time
- Paul McCartney featuring Allen Toussaint: I Want To Walk You Home
- Lenny Kravitz with Rebirth Brass Band, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker: Whole Lotta Loving
- Dr. John: Don't Leave Me This Way
- Bonnie Raitt & Jon Cleary: I'm In Love Again/All By Myself
- Art Neville: Please Don't Leave Me
- Robbie Robertson with Galactic: Going To The River
- Randy Newman: Blue Monday
- Robert Plant with Lil' Band O' Gold: It Keeps Rainin'
- Corinne Bailey Rae: One Night (Of Sin)
- Neil Young: Walking To New Orleans
- Robert Plant with The Soweto Gospel Choir: Valley Of Tears
- Norah Jones: My Blue Heaven
- Lucinda Williams: Honey Chile
- Marc Broussard featuring Sam Bush: Rising Sun
- Olu Dara & The Natchezippi Band with Donald Harrison Jr.: When I See You
- Ben Harper with the Skatalites: Be My Guest
- Toots & The Maytals: Let The Four Winds Blow
- Willie Nelson: I Hear You Knockin'
- Irma Thomas and Marcia Ball: I Just Can't Get New Orleans Off My Mind
- Bruce Hornsby: Don't Blame It On Me
- Herbie Hancock with George Porter Jr., Zigaboo Modeliste and Renard Poche: I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday
- Los Lobos: The Fat Man
- Big Chief Monk Boudreaux with Galactic: So Long
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band with Walter "Wolfman" Washington & Theresa Andersson: When The Saints Go Marching In
Randy Newman - Blue Monday (Fats Domino cover) : Goin' Home - A Tribute to Fats Domino
Fats Domino - Blue Monday : The Original Recordings
Taj Mahal & The New Orleans Social Club - My Girl Josephine (Fats Domino cover) : Goin' Home - A Tribute to Fats Domino
Fats Domino - My Girl Josephine (live) : Sold Out!: The Greatest Rock And Roll Show In The World