Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chasing Pirates

So if you think you know the kind of music that Norah Jones plays, think again. I just got a chance to check out a track from her upcoming album The Fall, and all I can say is wow. Without doubt, I'd describe it as a new direction for her. Upon first listen, I found it hard to believe that it was Norah that I was listening to at all. I really like the driving instrumentation behind her voice that makes the song move in a way I wouldn't normally associate with her. If the rest of the album is like this, it's certainly a re-imaging of her style. Not to say that I didn't enjoy her style in the first place, but this new Norah has got me hooked again.








Visit her website, her label Blue Note Records, and become her friend on MySpace.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Norah Jones has the kind of talent that will give her (if she wants) a thirty or forty year career in the music industry. Long after most of the current artists have been forgotten, Norah Jones will still be making music.

Sean said...

I think you're right on the money there Charles.