Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Halloween!

Music Is Awesome. Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It's also the name of the latest soundtrack for the entertainingly off kilter TV show Yo Gabba Gabba!. You might remember that about a year ago, I wrote about the show's first musical release. This new album is longer (21 tracks vs. 13) and has about 2/3rds of the songs from the first release. Just like the first album though, the tracks speed by at the speed of light, and although the tv show is marketed for kids, the soundtrack features some great artists (The Shins, Biz Markie, Chromeo, The Roots, I'm From Barcelona, Of Montreal, etc.) performing songs that are just as enjoyable for adult ears.

Below you'll find a song just for today (not released on the album) by Shiny Toy Guns, and another classic track which will help you Get the Sillies Out! For those family listeners out there, the Gabba crew is hitting the road for a few dates on what they've dubbed There's A Party In Your City tour. If they were playing any closer to me, I'd definitely be there with my daughter (I don't think they'd let me in without her after all). Enjoy your Halloween and these songs!






Visit the official Yo Gabba Gabba! website.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Upcoming There's A Party In My City Tour Dates

November

14 Los Angeles , CA - Shrine Expo- 11AM and 3PM
15 Los Angeles , CA- Shrine Expo- 11AM and 3PM *
21 New York , NY- Beacon Theatre- 11AM, 2PM and 5PM*
28 Dallas , TX- Dr. Pepper Arena- 11 AM and 3PM*

December

5th- Chicago , IL- Rosemont Theatre- 11AM and 3PM

No comments: