Sunday, April 15, 2007

It's Mainstream's birthday!

It's hard to believe that one year ago today I wrote my first post for the world to see. I didn't even tell any of my friends about it until a week or two later because I wasn't sure if it would last that long. But here we are, one year later and one year older. By this point I'm sure the number of my regular readers has increased by at least 300% (going from 2 to 6 at a minimum)! Along the way I've been able to share some music with all of you, and discovered some new music for myself as well. I'll skip all the flowery sentimentality and just say - thanks for stopping by.

Anais Mitchell - One Good Thing : Hymns for the Exiled

Au Revoir Simone - The Lucky One : The Bird of Music

Ben Harper - Burn One Down : Live In Cambridge, MA 6-20-03 (studio version on Fight For Your Mind)

Camera Obscura - Number One Son : Underachievers Please Try Harder

Feist - One Evening : Let It Die

French Kicks - One More Time : The Trial of the Century

Johnny Cash - One (U2 cover) : American III: Solitary Man

Magnetic Fields - The One You Really Love
: 69 Love Songs, Vol. 1

Sleater-Kinney - One Song For You : The Hot Rock

Smashing Pumpkins - I Am One
: Live in Den Haag, Holland 1-19-92 (studio version on Gish)

Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - The Anointed One
: Hearts Of Oak

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats.

looking forward to more great music to come. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well done Sean, Happy Birthday on Mainstream reaching a year, Hope it's been worth all the hard work Iam sure it takes, and congratulations on music posted, it is excellent, I love coming here, when it stops being enjoyable, that's the time to quit, so hope you never do, keep up the good work, it is well appreciated, thanks babe

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing! happy one year!