Monday, April 16, 2007

The One AM Radio Contest

You might recall me talking about The One AM Radio's latest release, This Too Will Pass, back in the beginning of February. You might even recall me talking about seeing them live in Boston back in the end of February. If you still haven't picked up the album for yourself, here's a chance to score a vinyl copy of your very own along with a signed poster (exhibit A to the left) and a super-chic Dangerbird Hoodie to flaunt your indie sensibilities with (Exhibit B below).


All you need to do is leave a comment (or e-mail me) with your name, e-mail address, and your opinion as to which is better: AM, FM, or satellite radio, and you'll be in the running. I'll pick a random winner sometime next Mondayish and notify the winner pronto.

The One AM Radio - Lest I Forget
: This Too Will Pass

In the meantime, check out The One AM Radio website, their label Dangerbird Records, and become their friends on MySpace.

Dangerbird Records have been putting out some other great stuff, besides The One AM Radio, over the last year including:

All Smiles - Summer Stay
: Ten Readings of A Warning

Darker My Love - Opening : Darker My Love

Silversun Pickups - Little Lover's So Polite : Carnavas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never listened to satellite radio before, but the idea of specialized channels sounds very appealing.

But FM is very free and good for that random song you haven't heard in a while (and really love), and since "iPod" isn't on the list of choices, I'm going with FM.

Happy one-year!

Jonathan

okayokay AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

I must admit, the allure of having specialty channels which cater to specific genres and tastes is hard to resist. As is the nation-wide and commercial free service that satellite offers.

But having worked at a couple radio stations, FM will always have a place in my heart as the how local bands got their exposure before this whole "internet" thing came about. Plus, it's free, so FM wins.

My affinity for 'The One AM Radio' notwithstanding, AM radio has devolved into a place for political talk show pundits and geriatric music.

Zane

zaneritt aT gmail D0T com