Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jazzy Sunshine from Sunfold

I'm still trying to wade through the piles of accumulated music around me, so another bite sized bit today for you. Hopefully by next week I'll have gotten my feet under me again and will be ready to share some of the great music that I'm sitting on right now (some of which I'm really excited about).

In the meantime, here's a band, an album, and a song that I picked up on before vacation. The band's named Sunfold, the album's titled Toy Tugboats, and the song you get to listen to is called Sara the American Writer. The whole shebang is the side-project of Kenny Florence, but includes members of North Carolinian band the Annuals (of which Kenny is a member as well). It's got a sun drenched southern guitar driven sound to it that feels quite appropriate to listen to before the summer ends. Florence also manages to sneak in some shades of jazz as well (the ninth track Osk jumps to mind but you'll find others as well) to keep the album from getting stale over its thirty six minutes. Anyway, check out Sara the American Writer, and then you can get the rest of the album as it's already out.







Visit their label Terpsikhore Music and become their friend on MySpace.

No comments: