Friday, August 15, 2008

Uh Huh Her

If you've noticed how quiet it's been around MISB the last week, it's because I was on vaca. As I'm sure most of you know, vacations typically just mean a whole pile of work once you get off of them, and this one was no exception. I came home with 300+ e-mails waiting for me and 20+ CD's piled up for me to listen to. Needless to say, I'm still trying to working my way through them.

That being said, today I've just got a quick post to tell you about Uh Huh Her's debut full length Common Reaction. You might remember me talking about their first EP I See Red back in May, and then I went and saw them later in the month. The album finally hits shelves next week, and if you enjoyed the EP, the album will be right up your alley. It's jam packed with 80's synth-sunshine melded with upbeat electronic beats and the paired harmonies of the two women at the core of the band. If you're not familiar with the band, it includes Leisha Hailey (who played Alice Pieszecki on The L Word as well as played musically in the Murmers) and Camila Grey (from Mellowdrone).

Check out the first two tracks from the album below and then look to pick up the rest on the 19th.





Visit their website, their label Nettwerk, and become their friend on MySpace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

neat. i kinda like them. they've got a fun sound.

Anonymous said...

Where have I heard that name before? Wasn't there an album called that, by... PJ Harvey, I think?

Sean said...

You're absolutely right Seresecros!

ShempGames said...

Sorry, I can't help myself. It was The Murmurs.

Sean said...

What was the Murmurs shemp? If you're referring to the album title, it's definitely PJ.