Thursday, August 21, 2008

Plushgun (non-lethal)

Plushgun has been sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks now. Staring at me. Asking me to play it. I finally did, and now I can't stop. It's only four songs, which makes it easy to put on repeat, but it hasn't grown stale for me yet.

Plushgun, the band, originally consisted of one man, Daniel Ingala, who posted one song, Just Impolite, on his MySpace page (at which time he didn't even have the band name Plushgun). From there he's just gathered steam and momentum like a runaway snowball careening wildly down a slope. He's just released the before mentioned self-titled four track EP digitally and has plans for a full length hitting shelves in January of next year.

All four tracks on the EP are gleefully poppy synth-driven tracks that are simply infectious. Check out the opener below, then check out some other cuts on Daniel's MySpace page.







Visit his label Tommy Boy and become his friend on MySpace.

No comments: