Saturday, August 22, 2009

Daniel Merriweather's Change

Mark Ronson has struck gold twice at the helm of both Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse. Now's he's going for the hat trick, this time with a male singer by the name of Daniel Merriweather. The two have worked together before with Stop Me (a melding of the Smiths' Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before and the Supremes' You Keep Me Hangin' On) , on Ronson's 2007 album Version, but now Ronson is letting Daniel take center stage with almost an entire album of his own writing, backed by the everything-they-touch-turns-to-gold Dap Kings.

I'm guessing you know where this album is going: dance floor R&B/funk/hip hop edges. I've only heard the first single, Change, which features Wale, so I can't say for sure, but I do know there's another track on the album which features Adele. The album's not out until October, but check out the single (which is already available) below.




and their first pairing:



Visit his website, his label J-Records, and become his friend on MySpace.

2 comments:

Robt Seda-Schreiber said...

Mark Ronson got some talent fiddlin' wit' those knobs. Do you know if the song he was workin' on with Amy Winehouse for that Bond film ever saw the light of day in any format? I know he gave up on her & it was never released, but I'm wondering if they even started workin' at all...
Thanks for the good stuff (as always), & if yer so inclined please check out my nascent fumblings on the web~
"very secret monster things" @
http://www.sweetestbaboon.blogspot.com/

Thanks again!
Enjoy the day-
Robt

Sean said...

Robt,

No, I'm not sure about the song you mentioned. Thanks for the kind words, and I'll be sure to check out your site.