Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Soul - My Desires Are Getting the Best of Me

So last night I made my way to night two of the Brooklyn Soul Festival that I wrote about a few weeks back, and it was smokin'! The evening opened with the Sweet Divines, the night's house band in effect, performing a set of their own. After some sweet 45 spinning, the magnificent Maxine Brown took the stage, burning things up like a woman a quarter of her age. Another 45 set followed, with Otis Clay commanding the stage for the remainder of the evening with his bluesy, gospelish style of soul. Earlier in the day, there were some vinyl vendors playing their wares, and I was able to pick up a few things, including the following 45.

Before sharing it with you, I want to give a big shout out to Stephen and Marisa for taking a country bumpkin like myself under their wings and showing me around, and especially to Stephen for giving me a place to rest my weary head. Now, on to the music - listen and enjoy!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

you look so good to me baby
i see your face everywhere i go
i'm trying to resist temptation
but i can't hold out much more
can't keep on smiling in his face
and all the time wishing you were mine
cuz every time he tells me how much he loves you
i turn away to keep from cryin'

but i know, i know it's wrong
as wrong as can be
but what can i do when my desires for you
are getting the best of me



George Jackson - My Desires Are Getting the Best of Me : My Desires Are Getting the Best of Me 7"

George Jackson - Find 'Em, Fool 'Em and Forget 'Em : My Desires Are Getting the Best of Me 7" B-side

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Good times! Glad you were able to make it.