Monday, August 24, 2009

Thunder Power strikes again

A few months ago, you might remember me writing about Omaha based band Thunder Power and their split EP (with Alessi's Ark) Friend Ships. Well, since said split EP wasn't exactly commonly available, the band's decided to release their three tracks from it, along with two new ones, on a brand new Thunder Power only EP titled And Everything After. Obviously I'll stick with what I said about the three tracks I had heard previously. The first of the new tracks here, Ship In a Bottle, rollicks along, and kind of reminds me of those free credit report commerical's ditties, but in a good, entertaining way, as you can hear for yourself below. The other new song here, Burden of Proof, closes the EP, and also features Matt Hutton's vocals, in counterpart to the three songs previously released, which all featured Kacynna Tompsett (and which I'll admit I fancy).




and an unreleased track from their recent Daytrotter Session:



Visit their label Slumber Party Records and become their friend on MySpace.

No comments: