Thursday, November 01, 2007

A lesson for the music biz

Today I happened across this article which dealt with the Japanese art of Manga. Now I wouldn't classify myself as a Manga aficionado, but I do see the benefits it and graphic novels in general offer, especially for children who aren't big fans of reading otherwise. Anyway, the article's main focus is not on getting children to read, rather on discussing the Japanese Manga industry's response in dealing with what we in the States would classify as copyright law. Daniel Pink, the article's author investigates that issue, and how it being peacefully resolved in Japan and suggests that the American music industry has a lesson to learn here. While the article is on the lengthy side, I highly suggest it.


Kaiser Chiefs - Learnt My Lesson Well : Yours Truly, Angry Mob

No comments: