Monday, November 19, 2007

Tiger! Tiger! - Ole!

I've been listening to The Kind of Goodnight, the second album from Atlanta band Tiger! Tiger!, a whole bunch lately. In fact, it hasn't left my car since I got it. I'll give it a spin, listen to something else, pop it back in, listen to something different, pop it back in again, etc... I'm not sure why it's had such a solid hold on me. Maybe it's the fact that they remind me of fellow Atlantians The Coathangers, whose debut self-titled album I wrote about back in August and who I'm still rocking out to (don't tell anyone else but I'm guessing it's going to end up on my end of the year list).

Or maybe it's because it reminds me of The Coathangers but still kicks out a style of its own that reminds me of 60's brit-pop with its groovy organ back drop. It looses some of the frantic punk power and replaces it with some retro garage rock roughness. And then you've got Buffi Aguero on vocals fronting some 'tude that will make you believe in grrrl power. No matter which way you spin it, I'm lovin' it. Put these two bands on the bill together on the same night and I'm there, no questions asked.


Tiger! Tiger! - The First Thing : The Kind Of Goodnight

Tiger! Tiger! - Cheap Imitation : The Kind Of Goodnight


Visit their website, their label Chicken Ranch Records, and become their friend on MySpace.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Coathangers - Tonya Harding : The Coathangers

No comments: